quick screen of requested speech-language related area, provides a pass or fail rating and offers advice if further speech-language assessment and other procedures (i.e. hearing eval, etc) are needed; approximately 30-60 minutes; includes parent consultation. A written report can be provided for an additional fee.
Speech & Language Screening services can be provided in early childhood facilities (i.e. day care) and preschool programs. Contact Speech Therapy Solutions Montana for more details and/or to set up one for your site today.
assessment of one specific speech or language related area. May last for approximately 1 to 2 hours; includes a written report and consultation meeting
assesses integrity of oral peripheral mechanism as it relates to sound production, assesses articulation levels and stimulability levels
Receptive & Expressive Language Evaluation
assesses language areas including vocabulary, listening comprehension, and verbal expression; narrative language and dynamic testing, probes for reading and writing may be included depending on clientÕs age and needs; may be scheduled for 1 to 2 sessions
Social-Cognitive or Pragmatics (Social skills) Evaluation
assess social language functioning using formal and informal measures; may be scheduled for 1 to 2 sessions
assesses fluency abilities identifying presence of a fluency disorder, severity, physical concomittants, and patterns in several speaking contexts
Global/ Comprehensive Speech & Language Assessment
includes oral peripheral mechanism, articulation, language, and
fluency and identifies type/s of communication disorders. This is recommended for clients with no previous speech and language evaluation or for have been recently diagnosed with a disability. Assessment may be scheduled in several sessions depending on client’s age and testing capacity; written report and consultation meeting is included.
- individual speech therapy sessions
- small group programming *
* contingent upon number of clients with similar disabilities and level of abilities
- consultative services may be recommended for those client’s who may benefit from parent-led home-based interventions; with follow-up consult to be scheduled after 3 or 6 months
OTHER SUPPORT SERVICES
- Consultation with school and other community-based services involved with client's care
- In-services or workshops may be conducted at various educational and community-based facilities
- Training opportunities for early childhood educators, teachers, day care personnel are available using Learning Language and Loving It program. Daylinda is a certified Hanen member and trainer.